Bursary opportunity for 2019
BURSARY OPPORTUNITY FOR 2019
JHC is committed to providing skills development opportunities, not only to its employees, but also to the JHC tenant community. JHC is offering bursaries towards a Trade Qualification to tenants who permanently reside in our buildings to pursue undergraduate studies in one of the following fields.
- Plumbing Course (Basic plumbing, Comprehensive plumbing, Plumbing Trade Test Preparation, Solar Plumbing inspector)
- Electrical Course (Basic Electrical Trade, Comprehensive Electrical, Electrical Trade Test Preparation)
- Building & Construction (Tiling, Painting, Basic Bricklayer, Plastering, Tar Road Fixing & Maintenance)
- Engineering (National Certificate, Mechanical, Electrical - Light current and Heavy Current, Civil and Chemical Engineering)
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION:
- Only tenants registered with the JHC who have stayed longer than 1 year in the building will be considered.
- Selection of successful candidates will be strictly on academic merit.
- Applicants are expected to study at an accredited South African tertiary institution.
- It is the student's responsibility to seek admission with a tertiary institution.
- The bursary is for study programmes of no less than one year.
- Youth between Age 18 – 25 years
- The bursary is renewable annually, based on academic performance/results.
THE BURSARY COVERS
- Tuition and registration fees
- Prescribed books and/or study material
BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS TO BE COLLECTED AND SUBMITTED AT:
JHC Head Office
3rd Floor – Makhulong A Matala Department
53 Main Street, Marshalltown, Johannesburg
CERTIFIED COPIES OF THE FOLLOWING MUST ACCOMPANY APPLICATIONS:
- Most recent academic record.
- South African Identity Document.
- Acceptance letter from the institution of choice (if any)
- Course fee structure
- Proof of residence within the JHC
Closing date: 02 November 2018
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful
Please note: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
For more information, contact