For JHC to continue providing you with the best service, it is important to note your responsibility in facilitating this process: Pay your rent and utilities on time. Keep the unit at the same standard it was in when you moved in. Live by the rules of the building that call for consideration for neighbours, prevention of overcrowding, and so on. Abide by the municipal by-laws. This means hanging washing in designated areas only, not drinking in public, not trading from your unit (unless the relevant permits have been received) and other such by-laws.
Rent is the amount that you, the tenant, pay on the 1st of every month for the use of the unit in which you are living. The balance reflected on your monthly statement is the amount you pay on the 1st of every month. This amount includes rent, sewer, refuse, electricity and water.
The tenant induction manuals cover important information about leasing, house rules, property management and support and tenant support. It is distributed to existing and new tenants.
As standard practice, tenants are inducted when they take up occupancy at a JHC or JHC managed building. This induction is carried out in a two hour session but this information can sometimes be forgotten afterwards. For convenience, tenants can now consult the manual whenever they are unsure about anything relating to their tenancy at a JHC or JHC managed building.
These booklets are shared with tenants when their lease is signed and it is advised that tenants refer to the relevant booklet prior to calling JHC as most of the information can be found in these induction manuals.
We want to make sure that YOU, our valued tenant, have the options that suit you.
- Internet transfer or cell phone banking
- Bank ATM deposits – Please select the correct account name, click here.
- Speed point (card machine) available at the HSVs office.
- EasyPay (at Shoprite, Pick n Pay, etc.). *Please use the statement of the unit you are currently living in and only use the easy pay number reflected on your statement.
Bank charges may apply for certain buildings. Internet transfers and cell phone banking is free from bank charges.
Please use the correct red reference number found on your statement, just under 'Name of Building' for us to allocate the payment to your rent account. This avoids a 'non-payment' notice and additional admin penalty fee.
Never make any cash payments to any JHC staff member or representatives. JHC staff members and representatives are not allowed to handle any cash.
Important to note about your statement
- Your tenant reference number is written in red and is situated at the top right corner of your statement.
- Your water charges will only reflect on your second month's statement as it is paid in arrears. For example, you move into your unit on 1 June you will only pay for the water on 1 July. Please make sure you save for this expense.
- At the bottom of your statement is a payment section; you can use this at Standard Bank or any EasyPay outlet. The banking details on there can be used for all internet transfers and direct bank payments.
- The amount to pay is the final figure in the right hand column labelled "Total".
- If you have paid your previous months statement in full, before the 24th of a month, the "PREVIOUS STATEMENT BALANCE" will show as R0.00. If you have not paid, or short paid, it will reflect a balance.
The Residential Rent Relief Fund (RRRF) aims to help tenants in social housing who were financially affected because of the Covid-19 pandemic.
What is it? The rent relief fund will contribute towards rental arrears raised due to the Covid pandemic and national lockdown that resulted in a loss of income between 01 April 2020 and 30 September 2020. The Social Housing Regulatory Authority (SHRA) will administer the programme and grants will be approved on a sliding scale of up to 80% of what the tenant owes, depending on the individual tenant circumstances.
Questions? The SHRA has put together some frequently asked questions which you can read here.
The JHC team is assessing the eligibility of our tenants and will contact tenants who meet the qualifying criteria. This will be rolled out in a phased approach, building by building.
For more information from JHC, contact us on: Email: [email protected](link sends e-mail) Telephone numbers: 010 593 0216 or 010 593 0268
We are giving you, our current tenant, an opportunity to earn extra cash by simply referring a tenant to JHC! Tell your friends and family to move to JHC and you will earn yourself R500 for every referral when they move in.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
By following these two easy steps:
- Download the tenant referral form
- Complete this form and return it, along with the details of your referral in the space provided to [email protected](link sends e-mail) or your Housing Supervisor.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
- You are eligible for a referral reward only when the new tenant is approved and has moved in.
- If the referred tenant signs a lease, you will receive a referral fee of R500 cash within 14 business days after the tenant has moved in.
- A tenant can refer more than one tenant.
- If the tenant is referred by more than one person, the first referral claim form received will be the one rewarded.
Contact your HSV or our Call Centre on 010 442 6321