What do I need to do to apply for a subsidy to reduce my rent?

You must complete a subsidy application form, but under the following rules set by the Department of Human Settlements, you must:

  • Be a South African citizen or have a permanent residence permit
  • Earn not more than R7,500 per month
  • Have dependants
  • Have not owned property before
Type of FAQ: 
I am a tenant